Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dream #481 (December 8, 2012)

This is several days late and will be brief.


I dreamt that I was in a great baby blue house that was in the middle of an endless and open field.  There were giant barbed wire fences all about the outside of the house so that the inhabitants could not escape.  It was a sort of communal society, and every person had a specific role chosen for them upon entrance into the community.

I was a butler and always wore a tuxedo.

I served people all throughout the house carrying a silver platter containing drinks in my right hand at all times.  Each room I visited was painted a different color (green, red, pink, blue, and purple), and each room was filled with strangers wearing sweaters, some my age, some middle aged, and some old.

When I arrived in the purple room, I was greeted by a young African American woman and she told me that it was my time to go, that I was meant to do greater things than butler-ing.  I told her she was crazy to think I could escape, but she told me she would train me.  I desperately wanted to get out of my life, so I agreed to the training.

I proceeded to enter into long and tiring workout sessions.  I jumped rope, did balance beam routines, crawled through tight mazes hidden in the walls of the house, and did a lot of stretching.

After all of that, she told me that I was ready.  However, I didn't want to leave my friend Kevin Chupp behind, so before my escape, I snuck into a room where he was baby sitting a bunch of kids and told him about my plan to leave.  He had a baby on his knee, and had to take care of them, so I told him to meet me on the west balcony in a few minutes.

I went out to the balcony and saw the beautiful sunset.  I proceeded to shimmy up a water drain and, using the gutter, I managed to cross over one of the layers of barbed wire fence.  I dropped onto a jutting out window cill and, using a rope that happened to be strapped around my shoulder, I dropped down, past another barbed wire fence, onto the ground.  I was free.  I looked up and saw Kevin.  Unfortunately he was still holding a baby, and I asked him why he had brought that thing to our escape.  He said it was cute and he didn't want to leave it alone.

I thought it would add difficulty to our journey, but I accepted it.  I told him to jump down to me, and that I would catch him (this was a good 25 foot fall).  He didn't hesitate long before he leapt to me.

He tripped a bit on the barbed wire fence, causing him to fall short of my arms, and he landed on his back, and the baby smashed into his head.  Somehow this caused the baby to actually become Kevin's head.

Kevin, having a whole baby as a head, then stood up and smiled at me.  This was very weird and I didn't know what I would do with baby-headed Kevin, but told him to follow me and we walked toward the sunset.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment