Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dream #419 (October 25, 2011)

Happy birthday Georges Bizet, Pablo Picasso, and, of course, self.


I didn't have the most exciting birthday dream last night (though the second part was interesting).  The most of the beginning, I was scheduling shows and music videos for Remedylive.  I had to make a playlist entitled A-126 over and over again for coworker Jason North, and he was never pleased with it for some reason.


Eventually I escaped this painfully meticulous dream and entered into another one.  I was in a 60's style modern home (with Frank Lloyd Wright designed furniture; it was awesome).  There was a scavenger hunt going on when I arrived, and, though it had been going on for quite a while, I was thrown into the competition on my brother Mike's team.  Tyler Moore and Carter Ammerman (two Bethel students I saw in San Diego last month when I was working there for Remedy) were also on Mike's team, but they were tangled up at some clue they were trying to get.  Mike told me they were pretty much useless in this competition, and I told him I would help him win.

I immediately found a prize and two clues for other prizes (one was a picture of a bat and a television; I concluded that it meant the prize was hanging over the TV, which it was).  I then found a bucket of chalk with a card attached to it in the basement.  Next I went back upstairs to a glass shelf by the television and found another prize amidst the Star Wars figurines that were on display there.  I continued to look for more clues (though I was far ahead of the game in spite of arriving late).

However, I was soon distracted by fireworks coming from a nearby stadium.  I then remembered that it was Independence Day and thought how lucky I was to see fireworks from such a high point in the city.  I fought the urge to watch the fireworks for a little while, but I eventually obeyed it and enjoyed exploding light.

Soon enough, the contest was over, and, though I arrived late and finished early, my brother and I had easily found the most clues.  We went to a basement below the basement, where The Rat King (from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) was collecting the prizes people had found and totaling the scores.  Again, we easily had more than the others, but the group that went before us told The Rat King some long story about how they were playing to help a charity, and they thought they deserved the prize.  They didn't appear to be aiding a charity (bloodshot eyes, smelling of drugs), but I didn't want to risk looking like a jerk, so Mike and I gave out prizes to them so that they could win.  I'm not sure what the grand prize was,


because I awoke shortly after.

No comments:

Post a Comment