Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dream #409 (September 1, 2011)

Here's a new dream.


I began this dream inside of a small car.  Kyle Heffelfinger, my brother Mike, and I were all in the back seat and my mother was driving with her father sitting in the passenger seat.  It was tight.

We first went to a white house with a blue roof.  We stopped there only briefly; my mother had to pick up some flowers.

We then took a drive on a winding country road.  It was late fall, for most of the leaves had turned, and many had fallen.  We arrived at a house that was located inside of an Indiana State Park.

My mother and grandfather both got out and they each pulled out an ipod and began jogging.  Kyle and Mike said they were going inside the house.  I decided to run a few miles, so I whipped out my pink iPod and, after starting up a Paul Simon album (Graceland) I began to run along the narrow, yet beautiful path through the woods.  When I passed my mom, she said that some John Glenn high school students were running in the woods and I could try to keep up with them if I wanted.

I had faith in my speed, so I caught up to those students and tried to keep up.  However, though they were not moving very fast, I, for some reason, could not keep up.  I knew I could run faster, but something was preventing me from doing so (this happens to me a lot in my dreams when I try to run.  I always feel like I get no traction and I can't move my body as fast as I know I can).  I lost the Glenn joggers on a wooden staircase and became dissatisfied with my speed.

I turned and ran back to the house.

When I entered, I found Kyle and Mike there talking with David and Carrie Badertscher.  However, instead of just having one child (Stella), they had three; Stella, a baby boy, and Stella's twin.  I didn't know that Stella had a twin, and I asked Carrie if she had to go through another long adoption process to get her.  She told me it was as difficult this time around.

I began to play with the two Stella's.  We were pushing around big yellow Tonka trucks for a long time and having a lot of fun.

After a little while, Kyle told me it was time to go.

Mike and I then went with Kyle in his car (which wasn't as tightly packed).  It was dark outside by this time, and instead of taking a country road, we took a city road (which wasn't busy, interestingly enough).

We made our way to Lowe's home improvement store and snuck in there in the middle of the night.  We were the only ones there; it was awesome.  We all walked around different aisles (there were a lot of clothes at this Lowe's for some reason).  We tried on different colored Underarmor and stocking hats.  Then we played around in the tools for a bit.

Then we were all startled by a janitor, who asked us when we were going to begin our shift.

We all three immediately had jobs there.  Lowe's opened to the public and dawn broke at that moment. Mike took a shift as a cashier.  I was a floor mopper, and Kyle was a greeter.  We each worked for a couple of hours, then called it quits.  When we left, we each received a work schedule for the week; we were each scheduled to work two hours every morning.

I was actually glad to have the job.

We walked back to the parking lot, but instead of entering Kyle's car, we walked into a nearby Burger King.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment