Friday, September 9, 2011

Dream #410 (September 3, 2011)

This is a bit late, but at least it is here.


I dreamt that I was visiting my friend Kevin Chupp's house for a going away party he was hosting.

He and his sister Kelli had set up a projector so that the guests could view old slides of Kevin's childhood.

Kevin turned off all the lights in the house.  By the way, the house was a huge, fancy lake house made mostly of glass.  The slides, which contained many deep-green grassy fields and blue mountains, began to show on the silver screen.

Suddenly, I was warped into the screen, into a different time and place altogether than the picture had shown.  I was in a wasteland.  Everything was gray, and smoke rose from the ground.  There was a large battle going on, and many were dying.

In this part of the dream, I was only a young child wearing a blue onesie.  I wandered around the battlefield until I ran into a great bear who was wearing an old rusty breastplate and slaying his enemies with a great stone hammer.  He saw me and immediately rushed to me and began to protect me from the enemy soldiers who were trying to kill me.

The bear defeated dozens of enemies, maybe close to a few hundred while he was with me, but he was eventually struck down.

When he fell, I noticed that he had been hiding his baby cub the whole time.  I led the cub away from the battle and we took shelter in an old cabin.

After several minutes of hiding, a person entered the cabin.  I poked my head around the corner behind which I was hiding and saw that the person was Carrie Badertscher (my former boss at Prairie Camp).  When she saw me, she immediately came to me and the bear cub and told us that she would take care of us.

Then I jumped forward in time.  I was a young man at this point, and the bear had grown up to be as great as its father.  We lived in a subdivision of cabins, and I had just taken the bear out to exercise.

We were running about and chasing each other and we had stayed out a little longer than we were supposed to, and it became dark quickly.  We soon heard the howling of wolves.  I remembered Carrie telling me that the wolves were very dangerous in this area, so I tried to lead the bear home.  When we returned, our home was gone.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment