Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dream #413 (September 10, 2011)

Back on track.  Here's a long fellow.


Last night I dreamt that I was playing some sort of mystery game in Koontz Lake Missionary Church.  The church in real life is not all that big (though it's not small either), but the church in the dream was enormous.  The sanctuary, though it was the same shape, color, and feel, was as big as a stadium.  Outside the sanctuary, though it had the same walls and carpet, there were hundreds of cars parked there.

I was trying to find clues to which one of the people present was the murderer.  I love mysteries, and I was having a wonderful experience.  I first found a car with a personalized license plate reading "PEGGY 38."  I knew this belonged to a Peggy that was a part of the game (I didn't know her personally), so I looked about it to see if there was anything suspicious about her car.  I discovered McDonald's to-go bags covered in blood (I thought it was ketchup at first).  I knew she must have been the one.

I then searched about the huge sanctuary and discovered a knife with blood on it.  I took it so I could check for fingerprints.

As I was exiting the sanctuary, I found a yellow manuscript with some incriminating information about Peggy's relationship to the murder victim.  I knew I had one with all the evidence I had discovered.

Just then, a tone rang, and all of the participants in the game came together and shared what they had discovered.  I, by far, had the most and strongest evidence and, therefore, I was declared the victor.

To celebrate, I walked over to McDonald's to get a burger.  The walk there was eerie, though I felt comfortable in the dream, for a strange, green twilight lit the half woods/half city area through which I strolled.

After waiting in the line at Mickey D's, the young cashier saw me and, noticing that I was about her age (the rest of the restaurant was filled with elderly people who may not have found what she told me so amusing), she told me a story about a bus driver who worked at the bus place (which was across the street from the McDonald's).  This bus driver was tall and heavy-set, and he was supposedly very odd.  In the last quarter of his route, he would always pull the bus off the road in Goshen, Indiana and park it in a grassy field belonging to an Amish family.  Then he would get out, and have all his remaining passengers join him, and he would eat grass with a field full of pigs whilst making pig noises.

That sounded like quite a sight to see, so I told the cashier that I would certainly try to do this.

I immediately ran across the street to the Bus Barn (as it was called).  There were dozens of buses parked in this dark barn (it was dark outside and there was no electricity there).  I looked in the windows of the driver's seats to try to find the man that the cashier had described.  Each bus contained a driver that was sleeping in his chair (all the drivers were male).

Finally, I found a big-looking dude and hopped in his bus and asked him if he would take me to Goshen.  He awoke and was startled by my presence, which caused him to drop and spill his bag of crunchy fries.  He told me that I could join him there only if I accompanied him on a route he had to make.  I agreed, for I had nothing better to do.

The driver took me around the wooded city for quite some time, then finally agreed to take me to Goshen.  I thought that was great, but I told him to stop at McDonald's first, for I still hadn't eaten and I wanted to show the cashier the man that I was accompanying.

When we walked in, the cashier immediately began shaking her head.  I walked up to her and asked her what was wrong, and she said I had found the wrong guy.  The guy I was looking for had a beard, and the man I was with had only stubble.  I was angry at myself for wasting so much time.

I left the McDonald's disappointed.  As I was slinking along the road, I discovered an arcade that looked like it would cheer me up a bit.  When I first walked in, I saw a slide that dropped down into a ball pit.  That looked fun, so I tested it to be sure and it was indeed fun.  Then I discovered a Donkey Kong arcade game.  I didn't think I could play it, but the game started up when I touched a button as if I had paid for it.  It was great fun, and when I finally lost my last life, I was given a whole bunch of tickets that could earn me prizes at the end of my time at the arcade.

I went on to the next game, a Mario racing game, and that, too, was free.  I played free game after free game and had an awesome time.  I spent a lot of time at the basketball shooting challenge and had fun there.   When I finished that game, I discovered that I wasn't the only one in the building.  I looked about me and saw that there was a fancy restaurant connected to the arcade.  It had beautiful carpeting, fancy chandeliers, and the customers were all adorned with some pricey clothing.

The only other people in the arcade part were a father and his young son.  I was a bit frustrated with them, for every time I went to a new game, they would follow me and wait behind me, making me feel guilty if I played the game more than once.

After playing several more games, the shame started to weigh on me.  I felt as if the father and son were both getting angry with me for taking too long at the games and that the people eating at the fancy restaurant were getting upset with me for playing the games and making a ton of noise that was annoying to them.  I finally left.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment