Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dream #79 (October 9, 2009)

This is not exciting.


I dreamed that I was in a small, old-fashioned cabin in the middle of Prairie Camp. It was nighttime, and nobody else was around (to my knowledge). The lighting was very amber and dim, creating a strange mood. I decided to vacuum the carpet of the cabin in which I was living, and I used the old purple vacuum that I used to use when I was a janitor at Territorial Engineering. When I was done, I decided to take a nap.

Right when I laid down on the bed (it was a queen size bed with a blanket decorated by painted roses; it was very homey), Rachel Engbrecht came into the cabin and sat in an old yellow chair that I did not realize was in the room (one would think I would have noticed it while I was vacuuming). I sat up in bed and began to talk to her as if we had met under usual circumstances. Then we decided to play backgammon together.

While we were in the middle of the game (I must have made up new rules to the game because I'm not sure I remember how to play backgammon), David Badertscher, the caretaker of Prairie Camp (also a friend of mine), walked in to see how we were doing. After talking with him about maintenance, he left.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment