Friday, October 2, 2009

Dream #72 (October 2, 2009)

I finally had another crazy dream that was also fun.


The dream began at a tubing resort on a big mountain. (This particular tubing resort was for snow tubing, not water tubing). I had come there with some old friends, including Alik Hall and Michael Kaser, and I was very excited about the fun I was going to have. After waiting in line for several minutes, I was at the desk where the employee there handed out the inter-tubes that we would use to slide down the mountain. Unfortunately, they were not inflated, so we had to spend the next several minutes inflating them with our mouths. After that, I was finally ready to go.

However, I realized that I had forgotten to wear my snow boots, and I knew my shoes, socks, and feet were going to get very wet and very cold. That realization then lead to another; I discovered that I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt when the weather was very cold (there was, of coarse, snow on the ground). To my surprise, it was not as cold as I thought, so I was alright in my light apparel.

The view from the mountain on which I was climbing was spectacular. My eyes beheld beautiful lakes, luscious trees, tremendous mountains, and more. Just as I was taking all of these things in, I dropped my tube, which proceeded to slide all the way down the mountain. I was sad for a few moments, but my emotion quickly changed when Halloween candy began to fall from the sky. I running around in the snow, grabbing handfuls of candy corn, carmel apple lollipops, and other typical candies given on the fall holiday.

After a while, I began to get cold, so I went to church to take a warm bath in the baptismal. I turned on the water, which I believed to run through a hose that ran into the baptismal. As I waited for it to fill up, I took a nap on a pew. After several peaceful minutes, my dad (the pastor of the church) and Rick Hall entered hastily. They, fortunately did not see me because I had not bothered to actually put the hose in the baptismal. Water was gathering in a large puddle on the floor in front of the stage and was flowing in a stream through the sanctuary door.

When they fixed the problem by placing numerous towels on the pool of water, they left, so I emerged from my place of hiding. I then actually put the hose in the baptismal, filled it up, entered it, and fell asleep in the warm water.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment