Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dream #456 (May 9, 2012)

I had a tough time falling asleep last night.


Every time I almost fell into subconscious thought, I envisioned that I was standing in a graveyard at night above a deep hole.  A casket at the bottom of the hole opened, revealing myself inside.  My heart (in real life) felt as if it had stopped, and I jerked back into consciousness.  This happened dozens of times.


When I finally fell asleep, I dreamt that I was wondering about a dark world with Austin Burnette (a former classmate of mine at Regent University).  I was a detective, and he was my chauffeur.  He drove an old blue vehicle with a loud engine.

We parked outside of a Chinese restaurant that was inside of a strip mall.  There were no other vehicles or people around, so I broke into the place and began to take notes on a small notepad.

I wandered around in there, observing thing.  I soon discovered a secret passage through a hidden panel in the wall and found an upstairs to the room.  I quickly ran outside and told Austin to come and join me.

When we made it up the stairs, we found a very strange place.  It looked like a log cabin out of a science fiction film.  We were greeted by a beautiful, yet seemingly demonic, woman with long, blonde hair.  She told us that we were welcome to stay as long as we pleased.  I felt very uncomfortable, but I found it difficult to leave the place.

The woman led us up yet another flight of stairs to a weird room.  A father and son greeted us there, amongst the white walls that somehow let off neon aqua light.  The son began to quote some very morbid lines from a disturbing poem.  As he did so, the father led us behind a bolted door.

When he opened it, another fellow who had joined us was sucked into the room.  We looked into it and found that it led to a black abyss, where the poor man was destined to fall for eternity.  The father asked us if any of us wanted to join that man, and nobody volunteered.  Then he and his son both jumped into the abyss, but managed to catch themselves before falling too far.  They climbed back up and asked us if we wanted to work on a puzzle.

At that moment I snuck out of the room.  I walked down a hall filled with abstract paintings hung on the wooden wall.  I found what I thought was the exit and walked through it.

Unfortunately it led to the evil woman's bedroom.  She was there waiting for me.  She walked over to a shelf full of red books and pulled one down and began to read poetry to me.  After she finished a few verses, she handed me the book and told me to read it.  I refused, and to my surprise, she wasn't angry with me.

She then kissed me, against my will, and told me that I would be forever under her command.  Then she revealed the secret exit to the evil place and allowed me to leave.

I ran out into a field and found Austin's car sitting there.  I entered it, and found his dead body.  I began to shake, then in a flash, the woman appeared inside the car with me.

I quickly left and entered another car that was sitting in the field.  I found Brad Marks there, telling a story about how he murdered his brother Stan (a former classmate of mine at Bethel).


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment