Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dream #406 (August 18, 2011)

This was a dream.


In the beginning of the dream, I arrived at a house with David and Carrie Badertscher, Jeff and Amber Kreider, Amy Ennis, and Jacob Bartlett at a house on the beach we had rented. The sky was dark and cloudy, but the temperature was great when we got out of the red fifteen passenger van in which we had come.

Right when we got there, Carrie ordered Jacob and I to pull out a bunch of candy that we had stored in the van. We were all supposed to deliver the candy to poor children in the area. We each grabbed a large bag of candy (I had green apple Sour Straws), and we split up to find poor kids.

The city was designed a lot like a campground with different lots for each family. I found about 11 kids right away that enjoyed the candy I gave them, but after that I struggled finding poor kids. I came across a lot of kids, but they didn't seem poor to me, and we had been instructed to give the candy only to poor kids. I specifically remember talking to a few kids who were outside of their home jumping rope.

I returned, a bit dissatisfied, for I was supposed to deliver candy to twelve people. I ran into Amber, who was giving away Twizzlers, and she told me to keep looking for another poor kid.

So I retraced all of my steps and walked again through the small city, finding no more poor kids.

When I returned again, I found Jacob there playing some sort of crazy game with a bunch of teens. The object of the game was to collect a bunch of dud grenades and smoke bombs (that looked just like the grenades and smoke bombs in an old James Bond game I used to play called Nightfire). Now, there was more to the game. Every player was given several smoke bombs and grenades at the beginning, and these were no duds. However, when they exploded, though they caused people to fly all over the place, they didn't harm anyone. The teens were dressed for the event; many were wearing some sort of armor (shin guards, trash can lid shields, bucket helmets, metal siding breastplates, etc.). I jumped into the final game and was blown up right away, and before I even knew what took place, I found myself several hundred of feet away from the game. I watched as the game quickly came to a close, revealing Jacob as the winner.

All the teens left after this, but I wanted to play again, so I challenged Jacob to a one-on-one match. He accepted the challenge, and we began to play. I started off great; I deflected a grenade thrown by Jacob, knocking it into a trash can and smoldering the blast by sealing it off. Then I threw a smoke bomb in Jacob's general area, causing him to lose sight for quite some time, giving me time to collect about 8 smoke bomb duds. After I grabbed those, I found the mother-load of grenade duds, but right when I reached for them, I was blown away by a second grenade from Jacob. I had lost.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment