Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dream #404 (August 16, 2011)

A couple days late with this one.


This dream took place in a strange twilight. In the beginning I went to attend Lebowski Fest. I hopped on a big yellow school bus full of all kinds of people (there were several mullets in the crowd, though). The ride didn't last long. Before I even had a chance to see who was all riding on the bus, we had arrived.

The festival (in my dream) took place at a big resort area. There were several log cabins, a swimming pool, and a lot of grassy fields. There were several punk rock women selling Lebowski Fest t-shirts (they were black with some purple letters on them), but there weren't many others there.

I wondered around the area for a while, stopping for a few minutes to look at a flag pole that seemed out of place. It was lit from underneath by very white light. It was then that I noticed all of the colors there seemed pure.

Suddenly, Lebowski Fest was over, and a new thing began. Nathan Galvez (a friend from Regent University) and I began to take over the resort area by force. We each grabbed a flame thrower and set fire to several cabins. Then we went to the general store and threw concrete blocks through the windows. After that, we went to a grassy field and build a giant card tower (I don't know what the significance of that was).

Soon, daylight came, and I noticed that all the ground was suddenly, instead of the pure green grass that had been there, turned to fine gravel. A large mob of people had gathered in a basin that was at the edge of the resort, and they challenged Nathan and me to a test of skill. Two semi-trucks were brought in, and each truck had a bed that was covered in a massive card tower. Nathan and a random opponent from the angry mob were each given a bow and some arrows. The goal was to knock down all the cards in the fewest amount of shots possible.

Nathan's shot was first. Right when he shot, I knocked over some cards for him (I had snuck over to the truck to assist Nathan). However, one of the mob members saw this and became infuriated. But Nathan shot again immediately and knocked over the rest of the cards, proving his skill. Then the other guy shot two arrows and knocked over his cards in the other truck bed.


Then I awoke.


I fell back asleep. I was on top of a mountain that was lightly covered in snow and heavily covered in people. Carrie Badertscher was there, and I asked her to direct a group of people in a dance on the mountain top because I wanted to reenact one of my past dreams for an audience (and this dream called for mountaintop dancers). Then I called a guy and ordered him to drive a yellow bus up as an homage to the Lebowski Fest dream.


Then I awoke (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment