Thursday, September 17, 2015

Dream #536 (September 17, 2015) Matisyahu Film, Sweatpants Basketball, and Losing Sanity

This dream had three very different parts.  The last was quite haunting.


In the first dream, I was directing a feature film.  The world I worked in was perpetually night which at least made for consistent lighting.  I was setting up a shot in a semi-demolished building and for some reason I was smoking a cigarette (maybe that's what feature film directors do).

I was discussing the upcoming shot with my assistant director Andrew DeSelm and my Director of Photography Dan McCullum.  I had a crane that was going to drop down into the building and do an overhead track of Matis as he climbed over the debris.  Andrew was working with the set decorator to put trash/large debris in all the right places.  I tried to start blocking out the scene with Matis, but he was busy smoking a certain substance, so I had trouble getting his attention.

I decided to go outside to talk with my gaffer, Dan Jeter, about the exterior lighting setup.  We had dozens of HMI's blasting into the building at various angles, casting interesting shadows over the scene.  Dan updated me on how much time he needed to finish, and I returned to talk to Matis.

After blocking the scene, we shot it, and got the complex shot perfect on the third take.  That was the last shot at that location, so everyone began to pack up, and I rode off with Matis to the next set, which was a home interior.  Matis and I discussed the look of the house as I gave him a tour.  There were mostly pastel colors throughout the home, with occasional dashes of a saturated green.


Then I switched to a different dream.


I was standing on the sidelines of the Oregon-Davis Elementary gymnasium with my brother Matt.  Our team was playing in the championship game and our coach, a random guy from the Dominican Republic, refused to putt Matt and me in the game.

I really wanted to play, and I actually thought I could do better than the people in the game, but the coach was too distracted to hear me out.  He really wasn't even paying any attention to the game but instead playing some brightly colored child's game on his iPad (or similar tablet) with the sound on.

Finally in the 4th quarter, when we were down by 10, I convinced him to let my brother and me play. For some reason every player on the court, including me, was wearing thick red sweatpants with other sweatpants tucked inside of both legs so that everyone's legs looked really chunky-fluffy.  I tried to figure out why this was the case.  Maybe we were supporting some sort of disease research?

Anyway, Matt and I started out our time on the court very well.  Right away we had a double-team that led to a forced turnover and a basket for our team.  We helped tie the game up with a couple minutes left to go.


Then I switched to yet another dream.


In this particular dream, my name was Matt, and another version of me who was named Joe was also in the dream.  Even though I was my own older brother, I didn't resemble my older brother in real life in any way.

I was on the brink of insanity in this dream.  I knew I was going crazy, but I could stop it from getting worse.  In the start of the dream, I was walking around my parents' living room breaking various porcelain and glass decorations and rubbing my fingers over the broken edges, causing my fingers to cut and bleed in various spots.

Then I jumped ahead in time and I was running around outside wearing only a blue cape.

Then I found myself lying on the bathroom floor and my mom and dad were trying to get me to respond.  I wanted to respond, but I couldn't.  I had just ingested a large amount of medicine and mouthwash.

I jumped even further into the future and I had my own apartment.  I had rigged up a machine to pump the blood out of my body into a large plastic bag.  I started screaming about how I needed to remove all the impurities from my system as my sister (who doesn't exist in real life) tried to stop me.  I overpowered her and threw her across the room, causing her to blackout.  Then I hooked myself up to the machine and began pumping out large amounts of blood, all the while shouting about how I was casting out all impurities.

Eventually I began to lose consciousness.  My plastic bag, which held several gallons of blood, was nearly full.  I kept fading in and out of consciousness.  Finally my mom, dad, and brother rushed in and pulled me off the the machine, causing blood to pour all over the ground.  My brother figured out a way to reverse the blood flow and send it back into my body, which he began to do.  My vision turned mostly white and my thoughts became so fuzzy.  My consciousness left my body and I was able to look from a higher perspective at my family trying to save my life.

I started to wake up in real life, but I stayed in the dream for a bit longer.  I was asking myself why I had to dream such a disturbing/disgusting dream, and I think I might have nearly passed out in real life from the amount of blood that I thought I'd lost, which was all over that kitchen floor and all over my shaking body.

I finally began to pull away from the dream and into a weird half-conscious state.  I almost felt as if I were looking down on myself lying in my bed in real life.


Then at last I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment