Monday, October 18, 2010

Dream #272 (October 17, 2010)

This was interesting.


I dreamt that I was in a small, dimly lit McDonald's. I was siting at a table, eating a Big Mac value meal, only because I received Monopoly pieces with the meal (I would have otherwise eaten off of the dollar menu). As I ate the enormous burger, I noticed that Norm Dial (the youth pastor at Koontz Lake) was an employee there. He had a large stack of metal which he began to unroll, revealing it to be a roller coaster track, which he then set up in the restaurant. He also had a small roller coaster car ready, and he set that on the track and began speeding around the customers, screaming hardcore music into a microphone that he was holding.

After a few minutes of that nonsense, the manager came out of his office and called Norm into it. Everyone stood and stared at the door as they waited to find out how much trouble Norm got into, but when he walked out, he had a big smile on his face, as did the manager. Apparently he had been praised and promoted to an advertising associate. Good for him.

I had been in the McDonald's so long that it was about suppertime. I didn't really want to eat a Mc-anything at the time, but I had to get some more Monopoly pieces (I'm not this obsessed in real life). I ordered another value menu item, then even dug around in the trash for some more pieces. I then discovered that the pieces had codes that had to be redeemed online after filling out a bunch of personal information. I was angry.

Soon after that discovery, Alik Hall walked in, and I dined with him.

When we finished eating, I finally exited the McDonald's and walked out into Prairie Camp, where Bethel College was hosting an enormous game of capture the flag. Ashley Miller's younger sister (Ashley was my classmate a few years ago) was running with the flag when suddenly my little brother Mike jumped up from behind a set of bleachers and knocked her over with a mini basketball, taking the flag from her in the process. I tried to run closer to the action, but I was very slow because I had eaten so much McDonald's food.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment