Friday, August 20, 2010

Dream #241 (August 17, 2010)

Another camp dream.


I dreamt that I was working at camp. Except in my dream, my place of living was an enormous basement in an enormous house. This basement was painted only white, and there were no windows anywhere. I began the dream in a conference room where I was explaining to a fellow worker about a time at camp when I had to destroy two giant caterpillars. I'm pretty sure this dream memory of the caterpillars was taken from a dream I had earlier this summer, but because I haven't been writing them down, I am not certain of that possibility.

When I was explaining the caterpillar battle, I was reliving it. I ran about the room (of my memory) as the caterpillars, which were probably 200 pounds and nine feet long, slightly resembling the giant caterpillars in Super Mario for Super Nintendo, chased me across the floor, up the walls, and along the ceiling. I finally defeated these creatures by stomping on their heads many times (similar to how Mario defeats such creatures).

I then snapped back to the dream reality, where I was supposed to be running a game of capture the flag with the Junior campers at Prairie Camp. I left the guy to whom I was explaining the caterpillar experience and rushed up out of the basement and out to where I was supposed to do the game. However, I was far too late, and Carrie Badertscher (my boss) was the only one there, and she was waiting for me. She was angry, and I received quite a lashing from her tongue.


Then I awoke. I wonder why such harsh words have been coming from Carrie in my dreams, for she treats me very well in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment