Monday, October 1, 2012

Dream #474 (October 1, 2012)

This was pretty insane.


I first dreamt that I was in a secret basement (that only existed in my dream) in Koontz Lake Missionary Church late in the night.  I was with a bunch of gangsters, and we were playing poker.

After a few hands, we walked up to the sanctuary and I played guitar and harmonica while the rest of them used various parts of their bodies to create a rhythm section.  We were really rockin' out, and as we did so, the stained glass behind us began to put on a sort of light show with the various colors of glass making up the image of a cross.


Then I awoke, only to fall back asleep.


In the next dream, I was in a jungle, wearing an old-school safari outfit, with a few other explorers.  I had been instructed to explore this wild territory by my grandpa, who had given me a map of the area.

I followed the map through a thick jungle until it led to a great wooden fortress that sat atop a waterfall.  My team and I climbed up the series of wooden ladders that lead to the top level of the fortress.  Then we crossed a rope bridge to a walkway that crossed over the river to a special hut.

Inside this hut was a great blue diamond.  I looked at it and decided not to take it, for it didn't feel right. I ordered the team to turn around and leave.

As we walked away, we heard a shriek and turned around to see that one of our company had grabbed the blue diamond.  Furthermore, a great black bear, towering twenty feet tall, had grabbed him and began shredding him to pieces, tossing the bits of the man into the river.  It was a hideous sight, and it struck the rest of us with a terrible fear.

The rest of the crew sprinted off toward the rope bridge, but two other great black bears leapt out of the river and grabbed them, shredding them to pieces like the other fella.  I was surrounded by these creatures, all of which were now looking at me.

I tried to stay calm.  I glanced behind me and noticed a short wall on the bridge that I could leap over into the water.  I began creeping in that direction, but as I got there, one bear jumped toward me and flung me in the air with his powerful paw, tearing at my flesh as he did so.

I knew his other paw was coming from the other side of me to tear at me again, so I positioned my feet just right and kicked off of his paw as he swung at me, which pushed me over the wall of the bridge and into the the river.

It was deep enough that I could swim below the surface.  I held my breath for a great amount of time, not daring to emerge my head even for a moment.

When I finally had to take a breath, I poked my head out just as my body tumbled over the edge of the waterfall.

As I fell, I saw one of the ladders that I had climbed to get to the top of the fortress and managed to grab ahold of it before falling the hundreds of feet to the river below me.

I hung on the ladder for a moment, catching my breath.


Then I appeared at the top of the fortress, but was wearing my usual clothing.  The place appeared to be some sort of tourist attraction, and was gaudily decorated all about.  I walked up the asphalt road to a group of souvenir shops and restaurants and saw an orange van that belonged to RemedyLIVE (where I worked in Fort Wayne).  I entered the van and saw Geoff Cocanower, Adam Pflugshaupt (a friend from high school), and a couple other people.  They were having a long jump competition inside the van.

I was up first and did a straight jump from the board (without running up to it) and jumped 13 feet.  Then Geoff jumped 16' and another guy jumped 17.5', both with running starts.  It was my turn next, but Adam, who was running the event, told me to wait for a minute while he did ran a quick errand.  He left the van while I stretched out my legs.

I waited there for several minutes, but nobody came back.  Finally, I left the van and wandered down the asphalt road until I found Asa Ennis (an old friend of mine).  He ran up to me and asked me if I could drive another Remedy van up to the top of the fortress so that the rest of the visitors could load up into the van, for an evacuation of the property was taking place.

I jumped in the van and headed up.  After I started, I realized that the side door was still open.  I tried to brake hard so I could jump out and close it, but the brakes didn't work.  The van continued to accelerate without my consent, all the way up to the top.  I was speeding toward a flimsy gate that weakly attempted to prevent people from driving over the cliff that sat on the other side.  I quickly grabbed the emergency brake and halted the car right before crashing into the fence.  I got out of the van as people about me were applauding me.

Then I looked over and saw a great tower of water heading towards us.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment