Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dream #473 (September 30, 2012)

I wish that I were back to blogging my dreams regularly, but I just don't have the time these days.  Perhaps I will in November.


I began this dream as an extra hand on a feature film shooting in Virginia Beach.  After setting up a bunch of Arri lights with 1/4 blue gels and soft diffusions in a large and fancy house, I went into a side room and relaxed with a couple other production assistants while the scene was being shot.

I sat across from a chick I knew from high school (in my dream only) and asked how things were going.  Shortly after I had a seat, a gorgeous girl sat down next to me and asked a philosophical question about the value of film on this world.

Her beauty made me very nervous, and I grew very quite (something that often occurs when I'm nervous).  After the chick across from me began saying some things about film that I disagreed with, I finally spoke up.  Surprisingly, I didn't defend the art form as it is today.  Rather, I questioned if it did more harm than good to our society.  Does a good film, that causes people to ask important questions, stick with people long enough to have a lasting effect?  That is a discussion for a later time.

Anyway, I began having a deep discussion with the beautiful girl next to me, and I somehow felt comfortable.

Next thing I knew, I was out in a dark green yard at midnight walking with this gal, talking about life.  We sat down on a swing and looked into each other's eyes.

Suddenly, a great creature ran past us.  I thought it was a large dog at first, but after passing us, it abruptly came to a stop and turned to face us.  It was a mountain lion, much bigger than any mountain lion in real life.  It opened its great mouth and ran right at my lady friend.  I pulled her to me with little hope of survival.

Then, from behind us, a great lion, even bigger than the mountain lion, jumped over the swing and attacked the mountain lion.

The two of us watched the battle ensue for a while, then realized how much danger we were in and managed to sneak back into the house.

When we entered, we found ourselves in a great gymnasium.  It must have had a 100-foot ceiling (I know that is absolutely huge, but that is what I dreamt).  There the old friend from high school met us and asked us how we were doing.

Then I found myself in Koontz Lake Missionary Church wearing a nice suit.  I knew then that I was marrying the woman, and that she was already with child (though I honestly didn't know how that could have happened since certain actions were not within my dream memory).  I knew my dad was a bit suspicious, since the wedding happened so quickly.  I didn't want him to be disappointed in me, for I had done so well staying pure, and I had been an example for others up until that point.  But it was all destroyed.

I walked out of the secretary's office and headed for the front of the sanctuary as Casey (one of my piano teachers when I was a child) played the piano beautifully.

At that point, I wished that I was dreaming, but I wasn't.  I couldn't have been.  It was all real, and my world was all coming apart.  Why couldn't such a horrible feeling be in a dream?

Then the sanctuary began to warp around me.  As it blurred and re-focused, I celebrated, for I knew I was in a dream world.

Suddenly, I reappeared in the gym, in 'real' life, and I was with the young women of whom I had grown quite fond.

We began to talk about Sadie, my family's old dog that had passed away several years ago.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment