Friday, October 12, 2012

Dream #475 (October 11, 2012)

This was interesting.  This will be made brief, though it was a very long dream.


I dreamt that I was living at my parents' house.  My dad came home, announcing he had purchased a new pet.  Excited, I ran upstairs to see what it was.  To my dismay I saw a disgusting green creature.  It had a shape similar to a panther, put it was slimy and green, and had the most hideous of faces.  When it tried to smile, it showed its decaying teeth and its purple tongue.

I wasn't sure how I could grow to love such a creature, but my dad said I had to spend time with it.

I walked it to the basement where it jumped on me and licked my face.  I vomited immediately, not making the smell any worse.

Then there was a montage.

I spent more and more time with this creature, cleaning up after it, and actually cleaning the creature itself.  I played with it, played music by it (like I used to do with Sadie), and wrote with it sitting next to me.  As I spent more time with it, I began to love the creature more and more, for it was quite loyal.  At last we were the best of friends.


Then I switched to a different dream.


I was residing in a great hotel with all of my former high school classmates from Oregon-Davis.  It was some sort of overnight reunion.  A bunch of partying and gaming and socializing took place that I don't really need to write down (UNO, punch, and conversation).  As everyone was about to go to sleep in their separate rooms, screams began to fill the halls.  I looked out and saw everyone run into the ballroom.

I followed them.  I looked behind me and saw a giant tiger wearing the clothes of a man running behind me with blood in his mouth.

I sprinted faster, entered the ballroom, and slammed the door shut behind me.

Everyone gathered together.  Everyone had made it there except for Nathan Ferch (my former neighbor).  Erin Rosander (she is now Erin Morris) asked if he was eaten.  Then Adam Konkey said no.  I remembered the clothes the tiger was wearing were the same clothes Nathan was wearing that evening.  Konkey went onto explain that Nathan had been cursed, and would become a man-eating tiger every night until certain unknown conditions would break the spell.

Then I heard Nathan, in tiger form, scratching at the door and whining.  I looked at the crack under the door and saw a tortilla shell slide underneath with a sad face scratched out of it.

I shouted out, "Nathan!"  I walked toward the door as everyone else in the room told me to stay away from it.

Adam Konkey exclaimed, "You are putting us all at risk!"

"Nathan," I continued, "no more!"

I walked out the door, greeted the lion, and embraced it.

Then I flashed forward to a hall of fame induction ceremony at the O-D gymnasium.  He accepted the award and thanked me in his speech.

Apparently the curse had been broken.

I watched the pictures of him coaching basketball.  In one picture I thought I saw a hint of orange fur on his face, but I must have been seeing things...

Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment