Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dream #470 (August 28, 2012)

A dream.


I was in a gray land made completely of rocks and stones, with only a bit of moss growing here and there.  I had just arrived there with my brothers (Matt and Mike), Brittany (Matt's wife), Boomer (Matt and Brittany's dog), and The Vespers (a folk band made up of Bruno, Taylor, Callie, and Phoebe).

We set up our sleeping arrangements inside of an abandoned cabin we discovered.  Mike and I slept on the floor in a tiny room, Matt and Brittany had their own bed and room, and the vespers had a room with two separate tents in which they put up two tents (one for the guys and one for the girls).  While Bruno, Taylor, Callie, and Phoebe were finishing putting up the tent, the rest of us went outside and walked around a bit on the rocks.

Matt, Brittany, and Mike decided to make a fire and cook up some scrambled eggs while I ran about the rocks with Boomer.  She was running about so fast, and I had a difficult time keeping up on the rough terrain.  As I tried too hard, I slipped on a rock and badly damaged my ankle.  I was, at this point, pretty far from everybody else, so I had to limp all the way back to the fire.

On my way, I ran into a snake who laid in my way.  We stared at each other for several minutes before the snake finally gave me permission to pass.

By the time I finally made it back to the camp, the sky was dark and filled with stars.  Callie had emerged from the cabin and joined my kin in the eating of eggs drenched in Louisiana hot sauce.  I tried to ask her about how things were going for The Vespers, but she looked at my ankle, then took her plate of eggs and returned to the cabin without even making eye contact with me.

I stood there for a moment, then hobbled up the rocks and followed her into the cabin.  I was very hungry, but I ignored the pangs.  When I entered, I found Bruno playing guitar, Taylor a-jinglin' his tambourine, and Phoebe singing incoherent, yet beautiful lyrics.  Callie had just walked into The Vespers' room and closed the door behind her.  I tried to converse with the band, but they were too deep into their music to notice that I had even entered the room.  I looked around the room for an instrument, but none could be found.  I grew frustrated, so I limped back outside where Matt, Brittany, and Mike were chanting around the fire.  I walked over to them and attempted to join in, but again I felt that my presence was not recognized.  I then decided it was time for me to head out.  Was I dead or something?

I walked for miles into the darkness, over boulders, rocks, and stones.


I, eventually, awoke, thanks to a blessed incoming text message from my friend Shawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment