Friday, March 2, 2012

Dream #440 (March 2, 2012)

Here we go again.


Last night I was visiting (in my dream) the home of Reed and Jess Lyons (two friends of mine).  They lived in a house that resembled slightly the apartment in South Bend where my brother (Matt Baughman) and his wife (Brittany) lived for a while a few years back.

Interestingly enough, Matt was there as well.  He surprised me because I had no idea that he was visiting from Moses Lake, Washington.  He said he'd be in the area for a week, which disappointed me because I was planning on visiting Virginia Beach in a couple days (which is true in real life as well).  Jess' sister, Ben Smith, and his wife Jen were also visiting.

We dined together.  We ate as traditional Japanese eat (both in posture and in menu).  After the tasty meal, we decided to go outside and toss a football around for a while.

As we played, we all decided to see The Office (the NBC sitcom) live.  Apparently in my dream, The Office always held a theater performance of the latest episode the day before it aired.  It was held in the L.A. Lakers stadium and thousands of people attended every week.  We somehow got seats right next to the floor.  When they announced the cast, they all came running out.  Toby and Jim (two characters from the show played by Paul Lieberstein and John Krasinski) run right by us and shook hands with Ben and me, and Jim told me he liked my sense of humor (though I'm not sure how he judged me).  Then the show began with Dwight (another character) running about the stadium with a posse of clowns running behind him.

Then Jess asked me if I wanted to sit up in the balcony.  I said that would be interesting.  When we got up there, she told me why she wanted to go up there: she had a light bulb that she wanted to throw into the stadium.  For some reason she thought it would be hilarious; I thought it would be a bit dangerous.  She waited a couple minutes, then persuaded me to chuck the light bulb down below.  I didn't quite make it into the center of the stadium, and we heard expletives come from somebody below us.  Jess laughed for a while, until she and I realized that there was somebody else in the balcony (we thought we were the only ones there) who had seen what we had done.

Because I was the one who threw the bulb, I took off sprinting, and the man, who was wearing jeans and a white t-shirt, took off after me.  I ran down several aisles, then through stadium hallways, then into a hotel that was connected to the stadium.  I tried entering into a stranger's room to hide, for the door was open, but I found a teenage girl in there, and I didn't want to make myself look like a worse person than the man already viewed me as, so I decided to find another hiding space.

I finally found an empty room and hid in the bathroom.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment