Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dream #84 (November 24, 2009)

Two in a row is a good sign of recovery.


Last night was rather crazy. In the beginning of the dream I was walking along a creek in a forrest with my little brother (the sky above did not really have any color; there was visible light but no light source). I was asking him why he was wearing my red shirt (which is something he did about 7 years ago) when all of a sudden a woman running in the opposite direction sped passed us yelling that there was a creature chasing her.

Thinking on our feet, my brother and I hid behind a tree for safety. Moments later a giant squirrel/bear ran through the path. It did not look scary, however. It actually seemed rather playful. Even so, my brother and I kept our distance and watched the creature roll and jump around. Eventually it left.

We continued along the path. After a little while, we saw something approaching, and we froze. Seconds later a bear/dog walked right between us. That creature was actually scary, for it looked very unhappy and rather annoyed. Apparently our stillness fooled him.

We reached the end of the trail and entered an old red car. I drove into a dark and empty street. When I was stopped by a red light, I looked around and saw nobody for miles, so I decided to drive through it. Unfortunately, several cars appeared out of nowhere.

Then I found myself in a different place altogether. I was in a large apartment working on my iMac, editing a film that I made last year. For some reason, there was a lot more to the beginning of the film in the dream than there is in real life. At the start there was a short section of an interview with Adam Sypolt. Then it cut to a poorly lit scene in a Regent Commons kitchen with Adam and Monique. They had an awfully acted argument, then Monique stormed out.

I was considering taking this entire part out of the short film when Nathan Galvez and Deighla walked into the room. I showed it to them and they agreed wholeheartedly with me after talking about its aesthetic qualities. Then they left.

Shortly after, my roommate (who is not my roommate in real life) entered. He was one of those former athlete freshman types, who are still stuck in the past and focus their energy on doing crazy and stupid things. For some reason, his friends were opening the window by my computer and kicking the back of my chair while I was working. I became so annoyed that I yanked a foot of one of those men and pulled him in.

He immediately began punching me, and I did not resist at all; I just let him hit me. The other boys went and began talking with my roommate as if nothing was going on. Finally I became so fed up with the physical abuse that I punched the lights out of the kid with one blow. Then one of the other friends, who happened to be the Rock (Dwayne Johnson), walked over and scolded me.

Upset, I went upstairs and cleaned the bathroom very thoroughly. While I was in there, the bathroom transformed into a museum bathroom, and I had a janitor apprentice helping me.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment