Monday, November 23, 2009

Dream #83 (November 23, 2009)

I've been working on a screenplay, so I have focused all of my writing efforts on that for the past couple of months. Hopefully I'll be able to get this blog back onto a daily schedule.


Last night I dreamed a mystery. My brain decided to give me a little background information via montage.

I saw three men (I could not distinguish who they were) break into a house using silent chainsaws. They created for themselves a door in the sides of houses (all of these houses were fairly large). Then they would cut their way into the second floor bedrooms (interestingly enough, all of these houses had the same architectural design). They would sneak around the husband and wife, stealing all of their jewelry and other small valuables.

Then I realized that all of the victims worked at the same factory.

It was not until that point that I discovered that I was a detective. I was walking around the factory, trying to find any clues from physical evidence or from interviews with employees. Now, the factory was a very interesting place. It was void of much color, except for yellow, which was the color of all the machines. Also, the factory was very long and narrow. On one side was a large conveyer belt with the equipment, and on the other side was a walkway/loading dock (I'm not sure what to call it), with hundreds of garage doors side by side in a perfect line. I would say the factory oddly resembled a subway.

After interviewing several employees, I looked around for more physical evidence. It was then that I discovered a broken piece of a crate labeled C-47 (which had nothing to do with clothespins in the story). Around the box were several metal shavings, seemingly left over from the chainsaws. I immediately attempted to leave the factory.

However, the garage door in front of me closed. So I walked to the next one. Then the same thing happened. I tried at least twenty more doors before giving up. Then I found myself surrounded by all of the factory employees. It must have been some sort of major conspiracy (the case does not make much sense now, but it did at the time).

Then I got crazy and leaped over the crowed of factory workers and onto the conveyor belt. I dodged both the machines and the bullets that were flying at me as I sped along the belt. I was quickly being pushed toward a black abyss, so I leaped up onto one of the big yellow machines, escaping death for the moment.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment