Friday, January 9, 2015

Dream #531 (January 10, 2015)

I've missed a lot of good dreams.


I parked my gold Buick LeSabre in the indoor parking lot of Megaplay (an arcade in Mishawaka, IN, though it looks nothing like what it did in my dream, and there is certainly not an indoor parking lot).  The arcade was massive and slick.  There were two stories of arcade games that one could see in any standard arcade (though they were a bit more awesome with many more lights and flashy things).

In the start of the dream, the place was looking like it would close its doors for good at any point.  People weren't interested in arcades at all, so it was a lonely and depressing place.  Accompanied only by the owner of Megaplay (who resembled the real-life owner of a Chik-fil-a in Fort Wayne, IN), I played some ski ball, as well as a few rounds of pinball and a round of X-Men.  I saw a group of teenagers enter and I walked over to them.  I began to pretend like playing arcade games was the coolest thing ever.  I began jumping about and hollering.  Then I started a chant (I wish I could remember the words), and all the teens joined in.  I wasn't sure if they were mocking me or actually sincerely pumped about the arcade.

I soon left and drove home.


Several months, maybe even more than a year passed in my dream.  I received an invitation in the mail stating that I was invited to stay overnight at Megaplay.  I was surprised that the place hadn't shut down yet, so I decided to go.

When I arrived (I was wearing a suit and tie for some reason; I think I was perhaps a successful businessman at this point in my life in my dream), all the indoor parking was full, so I parked down by a river that ran right behind the establishment.  There were dozens of RV's and campers parked in the back, and people were grilling, playing frisbee, and fishing.  I walked inside and found the owner.  He came up to me and patted me on the back, thanking me for "getting the young people excited about arcading."  But then and brought me closer to him and whispered to me, "but the gangs have gotten a bit out of control."

As if on cue a group of rough looking fellas all wearing matching bandanas (some carrying guns, others carrying baseball bats) entered and began trashing random vehicles parked in the arcade.  They all gathered around me and began spitting at me and mocking my appearance.  They also insulted the owner, who simply put up with it and did everything asked of him (including standing on his head for a minute).  Then they proceeded to play some arcades, though some took to climbing the machines and dangling from the balcony.

Shortly after that, a group of teens wearing blue bandanas entered and started shouting out insults to the red bandana teens.  Things escalated, and several fist and knife fights broke out.

I fled to the outdoors.  Apparently the gangs had blocked all the exits (the outdoor camping area was all fenced in), so I was unable to leave.  I grabbed my sleeping bag out of my car and found a place to hide (I didn't feel safe in my car).  I slept in the hollow of a tree.

The next morning I awoke to a grey twilight and a thick fog.  I immediately tried to find my car to see if it had been damaged, but it was nowhere to be found.  After wandering about in the fog for quite a while, I ran into a fisherman who told me some of the history of the Megaplay gang violence.  I also discovered that Megaplay was the center of the city of Mishawaka and had somehow taken judicial power over the area.  It was weird.

After the chat I found that my car was nearby.  I entered it, started it, and pulled out of the parking spot.

Suddenly two blue bandana boys jumped out of a tree onto my car, each armed with a baseball bat.  I jumped out of my car.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment