Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dream #516 (January 20, 2014)

Well, then.


I dreamt that I was working in the vast parking lot of a supermarket.  I was pushing carts, picking up trash, wearing a shiny vest, shoveling snow, and feeding sea gulls.  I went though these tasks for quite some time until a black car with tinted windows rolled up beside me.  The back door on the driver's side opened up so, not knowing any other option, I entered the car.

There Gary Oldman, who in my dream was playing an FBI officer, told me some long story about a drug cartel and people smuggling cocaine inside of school buses.  I asked what it had to do with me and Gary told me that he wanted me to offer my vehicle washing services to the bus drivers, who were supposedly going to park in the supermarket parking lot for a bit of a break.  I was then supposed to find a way to snag some evidence while washing the vehicles so that the FBI could proceed with their raid of the buses.

I accepted to do the bus washing, and I left the black car and began getting the power washer prepared.  Sure enough, the buses rolled in just a few minutes later.  I walked up to the lead bus and talked to a rather large gentleman, who told me he would very much like my assistance because the buses were extra filthy (indeed they were, for there were layers of dirt caked onto all sides of every bus).

I proceeded to blast soapy water on to the first bus.  I was surprised at the great joy I had cleaning the buses.  It was so great that I forgot that I had another more important task to do.  Well, I didn't forget; I just didn't care anymore because cleaning was so much fun.

The head bus driver, after I'd made my way to the third of five buses, talked to me and told me how impressed he was with my washing ability.  He began asking me why I wanted to wash the buses and I told him that the FBI instructed me to do so.  He laughed and patted me on the back as I continued to cleanse the filth.  Then he offered me a very well paying job with the mafia out of gratitude for my honesty, but I really didn't care.  I just wanted to clean the buses.

Then Gary Oldman, dressed as a shopper, snuck his way over to me and asked me what I was doing and that he'd pay me a large sum of money to follow through with the evidence snatching.  I told him that I just wanted to clean!  Frustrated, he left.  The mafia guy again came up to me and commended me on how I'd turned away Gary and offered me even more money to join the mafia, but again I refused.

I just wanted to clean buses.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment