Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dream #502 (May 10, 2013) - How I Ended Up in a Tree with Jim James


Yim.


I dreamt that I was directing a strange music video for a strange band made up of all kinds of musicians (there were violins, saxophones, bells, guitars, horns, and more).  The video consisted of the large band playing in the middle of a field at twilight whilst a house of paint was created around them.  This was all done in camera, and there were dozens of 3D painters who had this extra-sticky purple and turquoise  paint that, when they threw it from the 5 gallon buckets they were carrying, became a solid in mid-air.  It was spectacular.

After I finished the 1-take, multi-cam shoot, I walked over to a strange and glowing circle about 50 yards from where the paint house was built.  As my intern painters cleaned up the mess, I talked with a few friends of mine: Jon Andrew Caslteberry, Kevin Chupp and Jim James (Jim isn't actually my friend in real life...yet).  Jim was asking me what my plans were for the next couple weeks and was wondering if I would play the piano for his next album (yes, that sounds narcissistic, but it is, after all, my dream).

When Jon Andrew began talking about his upcoming wedding, the luminescent circle in the middle of the four of us began to glow brighter.  Suddenly a great beam of light shot from it and King Louie from "The Jungle Book" came through the portal and started glancing at all of us.  Then, for absolutely no reason, he began to attack us.  He punched Jim in the gut, then threw Jon Andrew about ten yards, the bit into Kevin's arm.  We all began to flee in terror.

Jim and I took refuge in a tree (which, in retrospect, doesn't make much sense when trying to evade a monkey).  Somehow King Louie didn't see us when he ran beneath us, and, as he ran further and further away from us, we became less and less tense.

At last the silence was broken, and Jim and I began to talk about life and about nature and about the role of humankind as the sun began to rise and as dawn began to break.


I eventually awoke, refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment