Sunday, September 2, 2012

Dream #472 (September 2, 2012)

For the black lab.


In the beginning of my dream, according to my wishes, I dreamt that I was sitting by Sadie, the family dog that was buried years ago.  In the dream I knew that the time remaining in her life on earth was coming to a close, and I wanted to be there when she passed.  I was sitting with her in a place that resembled my parents' basement, though it had a great hole in the wall that led into a thick wooded area.

As scratched behind her ears and under her neck, I heard a man calling my name.  I didn't want to leave Sadie there to die alone, so I ignored the voice.  It increased in volume with every yell, yet I held my ground.

Suddenly, Matt (my older brother) ran past me wearing short black shorts, a white headband, and a red track jersey.  As he took off into the woods, he shouted a goodbye to me and the dog.  Moments later, dozens of other runners ran beside and over me as they made their collective way into the woods.

After this incident, the great voice shouted my name one last time in such a strong way that I could not help but leave Sadie.  I took three steps up the stairs and looked back and saw my dog sprawled out on the ground, seemingly dead.  I ran back over to her and found that she was only sleeping, so I went back upstairs.

I was greeted by a fat Italian man with a thick black mustache and a worn out white tank top.  He told me and a host of other orphans to sit at the table, and we obeyed.

The old wooden table was filled with bits and pieces of what was once good food, but had since decreased in appearance and taste.  At one end sat a larger-than-life woman in a nasty pink puffy dress, and at the other was the Italian.  Once the two of them filled their plates, the orphans and I scrambled to snatch what was left.  I ended up with one half of a roll and a gnarly piece of ham.

While we were eating, and with food in his mouth, the Italian glared at me and blurted out, "Your dog is dead."  My heart ached.  I stood up and told him that I was leaving for Ecuador, and he told me that the plane had already left.

I decided to leave anyway.

I grabbed my luggage and made my way out of the house.

Before I left, I looked for Sadie and, in her stead, I discovered several tiny black puppies running about.  I then witnessed Nemo, my parents cat, trying to eat one of the puppies, and I quickly grabbed the cat by the neck and threw it across the room.  I patted the little pup on the head and left.

I hopped on a turquoise-colored train that was suspended in the air.  It traveled at great speeds through a vortex of swirling green and purple lights, through a deep black abyss, then out into a saturated field of green grass.  I hoped off near a grove of trees and decided to use the airport restroom (the airport was as all outdoor airport, and each toilet was sheltered only by a short tree).

I couldn't find a clean toilet to utilize, so I grabbed some toilet paper so that I could wipe off one of the seats.  After grabbing hold of it, though, I looked at my hand and noticed that it was covered in a light reddish-brown odorous matter.  I worked hard not to throw up and found new paper with which I cleaned the seat.

After doing my business, I looked at a clock that was hanging from a tree and noticed that my flight was scheduled to leave in a matter of seconds.  I rushed over to where the planes were loading and was relieved to discover that the clock I had seen was off significantly.

I was greeted, then, by my friend Jon Ayee, who took a look at my tiny luggage bag and asked me if that was all I planned on taking to Ecuador.  I opened it up and found only two changes of clothes and a turkey sandwich.  He laughed, but I panicked.  I was planning on spending six weeks in Ecuador, and I was surely not outfitted for that amount of time.

I searched for a phone so that I could call somebody to have them bring me more stuff.  I was successful, but I had no change on me.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment