Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dream #423 (November 6, 2011)

This is brief, yet crazy.


I was at the top of a great dune with my former neighbor Morgan Ferch.  Her brother Nathan, who was in my class, was down a bit from us, encouraging us to leap down this enormous dune.  Even though he sounded excited about it, he was too afraid to join us.

I looked at Morgan and asked her if she was going to do it.  She said she would if I did.  (For some reason, knowing that somebody else will join you in a crazy stunt always makes it easier to do.)  I yelled down to Nathan, "I'm glad you were my neighbor.  We had some good times."  I then turned to Morgan and said, "The same to you."  Then I turned to the edge of the dune and began to run.  Morgan followed me.

I leapt off of the cliff and had several seconds of air time.  When I hit the sand, I began running uncontrollably at a very high speed down the dune.  I was terrified.  I looked back to Morgan, who managed to control her speed much better than I.

Then I looked back down to the great body of water in front of me, and it drew closer and closer, until it was upon me.  I was moving so fast that I shot straight into the water.  I uncontrollably sprinted, through the water, into a black rock.  My face was destroyed.  I fell back into the water and could not get up on my own.

Moments later, I was saved from drowning when Morgan pulled me up out of the water and laid me on the shore.  She looked distressed, and I knew that my face was probably messed up quite a bit.  Then I heard her call for Nathan, who said that he would be down soon.

I passed out.

A bit later I awoke.  Morgan and Nathan were both still there, but my parents were there as well.  My dad came up to me and showed me that his left arm had been bitten off by a shark.  It was still bleeding!  He seemed very calmed, and even amused by his wound, but I was scared.  I was still partially in the water, so I ran my hurting body out of the water and onto the shore.  Morgan held a mirror up to my face and, to my surprise, I merely had a bloody nose.  I still was in a lot of pain, but at least I wasn't permanently damaged.

Then I flashed forward in time.  I was with my dad in a hospital.  He awoke from surgery and removed a blue bandage from his arm.  He then proceeded to show me how the doctor's had put his hand where his bicep used to be.  It was grotesque.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment