Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dream #87 (December 13, 2009)

This is more bizarre than the night before.

Right at the beginning of last night's dream, a small spaceship I was driving crashed into a brown, sandy planet. Many of my crew died as a result of the accident, but me and about five others survived (my old roommate, Kevin Chupp, was among the survivors).

When we exited the ship, we seemed to be all alone on the planet, with no sign of life anywhere. However, after a few minutes of wandering, several large and colorful puppet-like monsters approached us from off in the distance. There was a green monster with long hair and a tusk, a purple monster resembling a polar bear, a red long-necked monster, a ball-like yellow monster, and more.

When they reached us, they seemed to be quite friendly. They greeted us kindly and offered us a place to stay.

We followed them to this promised housing. Oddly, the place we traveled to resembled a football stadium (except is was about ten times the size). We were taken to a room underneath the stadium, which strangely resembled a jail cell, which caused a little unrest among the crash survivors.

After we received a meal of crackers and tomato soup, we were locked into the stadium, without a word from the monsters.

Suddenly, my dream jumped five years in the future. I had a knowledge of my history. I was a fighter who competed in to-the-death matches in the stadium in front of large crowds of monsters. I also knew that I had been planning an escape for several years. I, along with Kevin (who was the only other member of the crew still alive), had bribed our various jail guards for different tools. We were building an explosive.

Finally the day came when Kevin traded his gum to the guard for the final red piece of explosive we needed (I'm not sure exactly what it was because I know nothing of explosives). We assembled the device and, with little caution, set off the bomb and eliminated the wall of our cell. As a result of the explosion, several loud and annoying sirens sounded, calling multitudes of monsters to chase after us as we tried to run away.

We reached the wall of the stadium, and we were able to climb to the top. However, Kevin slipped and fell right as we got there. I did not want to leave my friend, so I went back down to fetch him.

When I got down there, we no longer had time to make it up the wall, so we went through a door, which led to an unknown area underneath the stadium where we had not previously ventured.

Fortunately, after walking down several very dark hallways, we entered a large spaceship hanger. We had so many options of spacecraft that we didn't know which one to choose.


Then I awoke. I was angry because I wanted to finish the dream out.

No comments:

Post a Comment