Friday, August 12, 2016

Dream #545 (August 10, 2016)

Out of retirement.


I dreamt that I was abducted and taken into an insane asylum (were it not for the nature of this place in my dream I would use 'psychiatric hospital') against my will.  I was not crazy, and I was pretty darn sure of it, but nobody else in my  life seemed to be convinced.  What had I done to harm anyone?  Even my own family was unable to stand up for me.

Somehow I spent weeks in the asylum.  It was located underground below a courtyard that resembled a graveyard but without any tombstones.  There were dirt passages leading in all sorts of directions, many of which had metal gates and locks blocking them off to patients.  The rooms in this asylum were visually interesting, though a bit horrifying. All the walls, floors, and furniture were plastered with torn up newspaper strips like paper mache.  Even the beds had paper mache blankets, frames, and pillows.  There was a hard crustiness to everything.

During my weeks in the asylum I got to know most of the patients there, and I had formed a secret group with others like me who weren't mentally unstable (for the most part).  We met in the bedroom of one of the patients who was tall with thick glasses and dark black hair.  Most of the rest of us slept in rooms with bunkbeds, but he had his own private room.  During one of the meetings, he revealed to us a ray gun that he had created from things he found around the asylum.  He said we could use it to destroy the locks on the various gates that stood before the tunnels we needed to access to escape.  I had become familiar with the shifts of the guards and some of the weak points in their supposed constant surveillance of the patients.  Because of this knowledge I was able to lead our small group of about eight patients through the series of tunnels that lead out of the asylum.

When we neared the last tunnel that I knew would lead us out to the tombless graveyard, I saw another tunnel that led in a different direction. I knew it wasn't the right way out, but it called to me and I knew I needed to see where it would take me.  The rest of the group were eager to follow me wherever I led them, so they joined me.

After blasting off a series of locks, we found ourselves in a control room of sorts.  I pressed a few buttons and somehow opened up a portal to parallel universes.  A young dark-skinned kid (about 12 or 13 years old) ran out of the opening with a look of fear in his eyes.  Beings in red cloaks with masks were chasing him, carrying some sort of computerized weapon.  I hit a large green button and closed the portal before they could enter into my universe.  The kid looked up at me and told me he needed to escape.  I explained to him that he couldn't have met me at a better time.

I led the group of now 9 people out of the tunnel into the graveyard.  Unfortunately the guards had discovered our absence and were running toward the main gate (which is where we were exiting).  My tall friend with the gun destroyed the locks of the gate and we all began to flee, but the guards had gained on us.  They started tossing small green, earthly looking spheres at us (they were slightly smaller than tennis balls).  The spheres had a strange ability to cause humans to gravitate toward them, slowing them down immensely.  Most of our company was caught up by these gravity balls, unable to escape their pull.  Only the kid, the laser gun guy, and I were able to outrun the throw of the guards, and we sprinted down a freshly paved and painted road.  We weren't safe for long; the guards jumped into their jeeps and started driving toward us.  The chap with the gun told us he would take care of the "buggers" and that the kid and I should keep running.  I thanked him with a nod and took off with the kid.

After an insanely long-distance sprint, we made it to an eerie blue apartment complex build next to an ocean beach. Even though it had a potentially beautiful location, it was completely empty.  A nasty storm had come upon us, so we took shelter in there.  I heard one of the jeeps pull up to the building, so the kid and I ducked into an unlit room and hid there.

While we were there, the kid explained to me that he brought great danger to my universe because very evil and powerful people were after him.  He told me that a near infinite number of parallel universes existed, and that every person ever to have lived or that ever would live had different versions of themselves dwelling in these other universes.  However, he was completely unique.  There were no other versions of this kid in any parallel universe, and this uniqueness is what made his enemies fear him enough to try to destroy him.  The kid told me he had powers he didn't understand and wouldn't be able to explain to me.


Then I awoke.

1 comment: