Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Dream #526 (August 2, 2014) David Bowie and Edible Action Figures

It happened last night.


I dreamt that I had traveled across the country to work as a videographer at some  big conference.  I brought my luggage (a large black duffle bag and a backpack) to the house at which I was assigned to stay.  I had been given a key, so I let myself in and set up my sleeping bag on one of the beds in the bedroom.

The house was modestly sized and had a consistent turquoise and white color scheme.  The bedroom had two single beds connected to opposite walls.  The kitchen was tiny, and the living room had a floor-to-ceiling window that looked out over some sort of Tron-esque game (I paid little attention to it).

After exploring the house a bit, I walked over to a large chalkboard in the living room and began writing poetry.  I was soon interrupted by the arrival of my roommate, David Bowie.

He instantly began talking to me about music and lyrics, and insisted that we sing his songs together.  I was rather intimidated by him (though I was equally weirded out by him), but he was persistent and persuasive.  We began singing songs off of his album Hunky Dory and I was nervous the entire time, though David seemed to be enjoying himself.  While we sang, he cooked up some eggs and made some cookies for us to enjoy.

Eventually I had to leave the house and head to the convention center.  There I met with Seth Bartlette and he told me about a time when I traded my videographer services for assault weapons, and I was embarrassed by that story because I am not a fan of assault weapons whatsoever.  Then Seth instructed me to create a large, "artistic" display on a white board.  I found a bunch of edible action figures sitting in a nearby basket, so I used those and created a sort of scene out of them.  I used dry erase markers to add to the decor.  As I was finishing, guests began to gather about the board, not to admire my work but to eat the action figures.

I quickly grew frustrated, so I walked out of the convention center into my real life neighbor's backyard.  There was an enormous basketball contraption set up on the basketball court in the yard.  I walked over to it and tried to figure out its function(s) but had no success.  Morgan (my neighbor) walked out and waved at me.  I asked her what the contraption was and she didn't respond, instead choosing to walk back inside.

I stood there in the dark for a long time, thinking about David Bowie, the convention, the edible action figures, and the basketball contraption.  I then realized that I was standing next to a large level, so I pulled it.  Suddenly, the basketball contraption lit up and various parts of it began to spin, whirl, tilt, bounce, and animate.  It was quite a spectacle.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment