Thursday, July 10, 2014

Dream #523 (July 10, 2014) Post Post Apocalyptic

So


I was walking around the post-post-apocolypic streets of Brooklyn.  Society had been more or less wiped out and rebuilt.  Basically there were fewer people and a lot of empty buildings, though the jobs and various lifestyles were roughly the same as they are now.  Also, a dark violet twilight leaking from the atmosphere was the only source of light.

I ran into an old friend of mine from college, Lenny Walsh (maybe he goes by Leonard to some).  He invited me to work on a feature film that was in the pre-production phase, and I accepted.  He lead me to an old building made of blueish-grey bricks.  Inside there was a meeting occurring around a large wooden table.  I sat down and listened to people talk about the film.

Things seemed to be going smoothly until somebody at the table spoke up (it was a woman I've never met in any life).  She said that the child actor (side note: the child actor in this scenario had not yet been born; he was going to be perfuming as the lead character as an infant) would most likely not work out.  According to the last ultrasound, he had a condition known as "bubble on the brain" (I highly doubt this is a 'thing' in real life).  This most likely would cause brain damage and other malfunctions that would be unfitting for a lead actor in this film.

Everyone was saddened by the news, because the mother and father had gone through the pregnancy in a way that was supposed to help assure the child would be a good actor (music, diet, exercises, etc. all played a role in this preparation).

However, the mood quickly changed when a young(ish) couple in the room (in real life they are Jonathan and Elizabeth) spoke up and said they would "create" the replacement actor.  I thought this was all quite ridiculous.

As these things were going on, a friend of mine from high school (Alik Hall) was joking about people with "bubble on the brain."  They were rather cruel jokes (I tried my best not to laugh, though it wasn't easy).

At last, I left the building and continued my solo walk from where it was interrupted.


Eventually I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment