Saturday, August 24, 2013

Dream #510 (August 18, 2013) Defeat

Exciting and thoughtful (for me, probably not for any given reader).


I was riding in the back of a 15 passenger van which had all the back seats taken out.  Several of my buddies were with me (the only real person with me was Bo Ennis).  We were having a good old time off-roading for the fun of it.  Bo was driving like a maniac, which was awesome.  We flew over bumps, swerved around trees, and bursted through bushes, laughing all the way.

After a good amount of this fun, a war suddenly broke out.  Bullets were flying and the Enemy was pursuing us.  It turned from great bliss to terrible fear in an instant.  They were popping out from behind trees, from within bushes and from under the mud.  Bo turned to me and asked if I had a gun.  I said, "Yes, an airsoft gun."  He told me that it would work for now and to start shooting.  He, meanwhile, pulled out a real gun, which made me sick to my stomach.

I was a pretty good shot with my airsoft Desert Eagle, but it didn't do much good because it mostly just annoyed those pursuing us.  However, with a group effort, we all managed to escape the danger.  Our van outran them, and we arrived at a large carnival.  We were greeted there by Joe Nehls and Michael Kaser.  As the two of them began talking to Bo, I looked around the carnival and saw that all the cool rides were made of logs.

Then Joe pulled me aside and told me to take his gun, because we were going back out to face the enemy.  I argued against that decision because I didn't want to kill anybody and even if I did, we would still be terribly outnumbered.

We argued for quite a while.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment