Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dream #500 (April 11, 2013) - 2 Cops, Ghosted, Chicago

So this is 500?  Is it worthy of the number?  We'll see.


In the first dream I felt like some sort of a spectator yet, at the same time, I was somehow very much a part of the dream.  Two cops were running their route in the middle of the night in a large, dark, and inactive city.  The driver was a middle-aged redhead with a thick mustache and the passenger was a young man who resembled Joseph Gordon-Levitt.  The driver was asking the young cop about his life, wife, and young daughter back at home, and the young man went into how he was having a tough time with his marriage.  Then the redhead offered some odd advice having to do with taking a "breather" every once in a while.  After that remark, the cop car's headlights passed over a couple of young women staggering into an abandoned building.

The older cop asked the younger if he wanted to have a little fun.  Without waiting for an answer, he harshly slammed on the breaks and whipped the car over to the entrance of the building, parking it there.  The cops got out, grabbed flashlights, and entered the rubble.

They searched through the dark and musty rooms, hoping to no avail that each corner would reveal the beautiful women waiting for them.  At last they entered a long, red bathroom with several mirrors lining the walls.  The redhead stopped at one of the mirrors and tidied up his thick and wavy hair and his mustache with a come he kept in his breast pocket.  The young man did the same.  Then they heard one of the women in the next room say, "Come and get it when you're ready."  The JGL look-alike rushed toward the door, but the older man put his arm out and caused him to pause.  "One more thing."

The redhead began to show JGL a bunch of skin pockets that he had on his stomach, legs, and arms (yes, that is terrible gross and strange).  In each of the pockets was hidden a small razor.

"You never know when you'll want to whip out one of these."

The redhead led JGL into the room.  Suddenly, the roofless room was filled with a harsh white light coming from above.  Several UFO's stormed down from the sky onto the city, and the whole earth, and began to destroy it.


Then I switched over to a different dream.


I was attending an outdoor basketball game.  A wooden floor had been set up in the middle of a soccer field, and thousands of people were there to watch.  I walked along the boundary lines and observed the game and the fans alike.  I saw a lot of people with whom I was familiar, but I didn't stop and talk to anyone.  I walked over to a concession stand in the corner and asked if there were any free items.  Without a word the heavyset 20-year-old handed me a pamphlet about this legendary horror that had taken place at the creepy old house next to the soccer field.  I opened it up and began to read it.

The first paragraph described a found young college girls that bought the old house together because it was inexpensive and resided near their school.  I looked up from the pamphlet and noticed that all the people had disappeared.  The court was gone, the bleachers were gone, and the concession stand was gone.  I looked at the old house and was drawn to it.  I dropped the pamphlet and ran to the front door.

One of the four young women answered the door politely and let me in.  She asked me where I was from and what I was interested in.  Night had fallen quickly, and the few lamps and candles in the house struggled to light the vast rooms.  I found myself being controlled by strange impulses that I was unable to control.  When the woman left the room to grab some refreshments, I ran into an adjacent room and changed into a different outfit.  I put on a long black trench coat, black goggles, black gloves, black pants, black socks, black shoes, and a black top hat.  I carried a silver cane and walked back into the room.  My appearance frightened the woman, and she threw a vase at me, which hit me in the head and killed me.

The next thing I knew there was a detective observing my dead body and taking notes about the crime scene.  The four girls were all standing nearby, crying into each other's arms.  Then I discovered that I was able to leave my body, so I did.  Because of all the daylight in the room, my spirit was invisible.  Soon enough night fell again, and all of the cops and detectives left, and the girls were there alone.

An incredible thunder storm had come over they house.  The girls were sitting in the living room talking about what had happened, trying to keep each other calm, when my spirit walked into the room.  They were dreadfully frightened, and they began throwing things at me.  Because I was a spirit, I was unable to get hit.  The girls began to scream with insanity and they all fled the house, running straight into the storm.  I tried to stop them, but was unable.  Then, somehow, they were all struck by a single bolt of lightening.


Then I switched to a different dream.


I was walking along a street in Chicago in the middle of a grey afternoon.  Hundreds of people crowded the streets and it was difficult to get around.  After walking several miles I eventually made it out of the the crowds of people into a less busy side of town.  I traveled here for a long time and realized it was so late that, even if I were to run back, I would not be able to catch the train back home. I accepted that and continued to walk.  I ran into my old high school classmate Brandon Porter with whom I have not spoken for years.  I yelled across the street, "Hey Porter!  How's it going?"  He waived and replied, "Hey Joe.  Pretty good."  Then we continued along our opposite paths.

I ended up at an interesting building that was part music store, part national parks information center.  I talked to the owner, an old man wearing a green national parks vest with a little trumpet pin.  He told me that Houndmouth had recently played there and that Katie Toupin had left her guitar, her kick drum, and her snare drum there (she doesn't play the drums, at least for Houndmouth, in real life).  He also said that my tripod had also somehow ended up there.  I called Katie up and asked her if she wanted me to bring them to the band.  She said that they were staying at my grandpa's house, so I could just meet them there.

I then sat down on the floor and pondered how I would return the musical equipment to Houndmouth without having a vehicle in Chicago.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment