Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dream #426 (December 21, 2011)

This was interesting.


I dreamt that I was, on a sunny afternoon, driving slowly down a lonely country road surrounded by corn fields.  After driving for quite some time, several female bicyclists, all wearing the same outfit (baby blue jacket with yellow stripes down the arms, a matching baby blue helmet, and black spandex pants) began to pass me one at a time.  They were moving fairly quickly, but I must have been driving very slowly for them to pass me as they did.

I began watching them, wondering what they were doing and why they all looked the same.  I became so distracted that I was almost not moving at all.

The last female in the group stopped her bike beside me and asked me how I was doing.  She had long black hair and looked about my age.  I said I was alright, then I asked her what the occasion was for all the uniform bikers.  She didn't answer me, but asked me if I wanted to hang out at her place.

I had nothing better to do, so I agreed.  She then threw her bike in the back seat of my car and directed me to her home.  We drove out of corn fields and into a housing development as she talked about everything from pets to cooking to post-secondary education.

We soon arrived at her place, which was a middle gray house with a modest back yard containing a trampoline and swimming pool.  I park by the curb near the driveway, and followed her into her garage.

She began talking to me about her father's interest in boats and cars, and showed me some of his creations.  Then she took me out back and we jumped on the trampoline for a bit.

After a short while, we returned to the garage, but right as we did so, her father returned home.  He, a tall, overweight, harry man with an angry expression on his face, walked into the garage from the house and stared at me.  Then his daughter, to my surprise, wrapped her arms around me and told her father how much she loved me.  It was really strange, and I felt like I was being used as a tool of rebellion, so I began to back away.  The father, who began to look like he was burning with invisible flames, pulled a shotgun off the wall of the garage and pointed it at me, screaming incoherently in a memorably gruff voice.

I sprinted out to my car and took off.

I spent the rest of my dream driving about, alone.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment